Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tilda and "The Bug"


It's been an exciting week for me this week!! My new (to me) Cuttlebug arrived and I Tilda came home safe and sound to me after an extended visit to a friends place. Soooooooo...to celebrate their arrival I made this little Thinking of You card.
It's nothing special but I loved water colouring again!! Can you see I used the Paisley embossing folder with my bug?? Did I mention I LOVE my bug!! I'm eventually going to try my hand at making my own folders on my Gazelle...after I nail the print and cuts that is! I also used Gazza to cut out the scalloped oval and sentiment oval. It's so much easier if you put in your actual page measurements rather than the default 12x12 I always used. In this case the page was only 9x6cm and it made it so much easier to cut more accurately. I also used a Fiskars border punch, I think it's called "elegant".
I'm not sure you can see it here, but I also used a bit of dazzlin' diamonds on the embossed page and some pearls on the side border.
Did you notice everything is slightly off centre?? I am usually so anal about having everything centrally spaced I wanted to branch out and try something a tad different. I quite like the effect! It's not so 'ordered'. Oh...did you know that if you click on the picture it will open up larger ina new window so you can see the detail better?? I learnt that only today!!! LOL
Stay safe and happy crafting!!
shell xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment